Friday, March 20, 2009

I think I am still getting used to this blogging thing. Feels funny writing a public diary. But it's a good way to keep touch with friends. I hope so, thus far, other than my faithful husband and Jac, I am the only one who reads my blog. Then again, don't have too many friends to begin with.

It's been a hectic week, one deadline after another. Sleep has become a stranger, and when it comes, it felt unnatural. I told myself it's "the time of the year", bad patch, rush hour etc.. Finally I took a short break in the cab, on my way home from work today. I fell asleep because my eyes just couldn't keep open. In that short quiet moment, I remember Psalm 46:10:

Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

The taxi went over a bump and I woke up. How true, I rush around all day, striving to meet all sorts of deadlines but not taking a moment to think through about what I am doing and why. I asked myself again today, "Why am I doing my Masters? Why am I working?" You know what is the scary part? I don't quite seem to know. Other then very real pragmatic reasons, there is nothing more to it. Maybe it's high time I re-think my life, well, been re-thinking for the last 20 years, not too good at thinking I guess.

I have decided I will do what is important-- spend time on things that count-- friends, family, God. I will still work, study, do the mundane things of life, but have to seriously think about why I am doing them...don't want to rush through life, what's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment